Saturday, November 8, 2008

Crush

A question was asked on Honey’s Hive today: “Tell me about your first crush.”

The answer I left there:

Is it terrible that I honestly don't think I can remember? Perhaps there were too many, perhaps the memories have become tangled.

Is not a crush, that first early passion for another, one of the most amazing feelings in the world?

Should we limit crushes to childhood, to young adulthood?

Shouldn't we as adults live free, free to experience crushes, free to discover new love, free to explore that first bloom of passion for and with another?

I think that I am blessed for I love easily, have loved often, and been loved in return.

Of course in time the crush fades, love matures or dies. We cant however loose it, for it lives on in our memories forever.

2 comments:

Miss Honey said...

I am sure there is a significant physiological aspect to early passion, to a crush. That rush of dopamine with the pleasure of it flooding your brain each time they walk into a room.

The quick breath, the racing heart, the aching in private places. A roller coaster ride to be sure, but you are more than right... these feelings would be shame to limit and restrict. I am a happier person when I am in the flush of love.

Thank you for sharing this. I was a lovely post.

C.M. Bailey said...

MH,

Thank you as always.

These are amazing feelings, bits of wonderfulness.

They make us act stupid while feeling so very good.

A lifetime without them would be I think sad to contemplate.