Tuesday, November 4, 2008

One-Minute Writer

Today’s Blogger ‘blog of note’ is One Minute Writer. A blog that includes both a one-minute timer, and a daily writing prompt. The idea behind the blog is that visitors to it will write on the subject within the prompt, but only for one minute.

This seems like a very fun idea, and I’ve decided to give it a try.

Today’s prompt is:

What would you tell an 18-year-old American to encourage them to vote today?

My answer is:

When our ancestors sought to change government, to create a revolution, they had to fight and die to do so. Their right to self-government was purchased in blood.

We simply have to vote. To go to the polls. We can in this way have our very own revolution, throw every office holder out of his or her respective position if desired.

2 comments:

C. Beth said...

Thank you so much for visiting my One Minute Writer blog and for linking to it! I really liked your answer when I first read it, and again reading it here.

C.M. Bailey said...

CB,

Thank you for the kind compliments, and the inspiration! I enjoyed your blog very much.