Sunday, November 2, 2008

Delightfully Poly

Last night our neighbors hosted their big annual Halloween bash. We live in such a small area that most everyone in the neighborhood can comfortably fit within their house for such parties. Unfortunately, due to work commitments we were unable to attend the party this year.

I am quite certain though that we were the talk of the party.

I learned from a friend recently that some of my neighbors are concerned about me. It seems that Mrs. CM, the filthy slut, is having an affair with one of my best friends. They have been spotted walking hand in hand, spotted kissing in our yard. When my neighbors brought their serious concerns about Mrs. CM’s whoredom to my friend’s attention he just wasn’t sure what to say to them, for he knows that we have chosen to live different, so he said nothing, let them stew in their worries.

Mrs. CM and I are not swingers, although we have done a fair bit of swinging in our distant past. Nor do I consider us to have an open relationship, which rather implies that each partner tolerates, or allows the outside sexual involvements of the other.

We are delightfully poly. I love my wife deeply, yet I love and fuck others as well. I believe that she loves me just as deeply, yet she loves and fucks others, perhaps it seems with a touch less discretion around the neighborhood than I exercise.

I don’t allow her to have an outside relationship, I am thrilled by the fact that she does, and immeasurably pleased that her time with him makes her so happy. She doesn’t allow me to have an outside relationship; she encourages me to do so, and supports me and my lover however she is able.

Jealousy is not an issue for us. Years ago it was, but we have through the years learned how to do away with this negative and destructive emotion, learned that the joy another brings into our lives is worth so much more than any discomfort associated with him or her that jealousy just can’t be allowed a place within our emotional selves.

This form of relationship, our marriage, is perfect for us. I do not claim that it must or would be perfect for everyone, but I do believe that if more people had the courage to try polyamory, and to deal with their own jealousy there would be more happy relationships in the world because I believe that polyamory would well suit a significant percentage of the population.

I encourage you to try it; you might just like it!

2 comments:

Miss Honey said...

Hubby and I have circled this issue a few times. He is accepting of my fun online with other but as of yet... that is my boundry that he needs to feel safe in our loving relationship. Though I know for 100% certainty that if I should have a lover it would in no way make me love Hubby less. But these are the steps we take on this path.

I told him that he could have any woman he wanted as long as the house was perfectly clean (and he did the cleaning), you see, I don't mind sharing my husband's affections, but I will not have her thinking I am a poor housekeeper. He has yet to take me up on the offer.

This post is wonderful in its honesty as to what is right and balanced for you and your wife. A beautiful thing.

C.M. Bailey said...

MH,

Certainly our way is not for everyone, yet we believe that for us our outside relationships make our relationship better.

We do as you say, make sure that our outside lovers do not decrease the love we feel for each other, and we haven't honestly found that to be a problem. Parents manage to love more than one child at a time, and I think in a very similar way lovers can love more than one other person at a time.

The green monster was a serious stumbling block for us in the beginning, but in time we learned to deal with it, and it is no longer a factor to any meaningful extent.

I did get a great chuckle out of your cleaning rule! That seems just about perfect. I must say though that as I'm a bit of a slob, I'm pleased that Mrs. CM never thought of it!

Thank you for your compliment, it is appreciated.