Friday, November 7, 2008

Erotica

Is erotic writing less serious, less important, less meaningful than writing on other subjects? Are cock and cunt, fucking and sucking, cumming and bliss somehow less valid when described in writing than other things, other activities? Are those who write of family oriented subjects somehow more important writers than those who write of sexuality? Is not sexuality one of the most powerful areas of every individual’s life? Should it not be explored in writing, celebrated in the written word?

These questions I ponder today.

4 comments:

Miss Honey said...

Well, my reply to all of this pondering will be to go try and write something erotic, meaningful, substantial, powerful, and something that touches those that read my writing in a positive way.

But then, I suspect you knew how I feel about erotic writing.

C.M. Bailey said...

MH,

Indeed, I do have a thought or two about how you view erotica. I view it in much the same way, and made an attempt of my own yesterday. I'm not quite sure that I like it's result though, I'll have to review it today.

Miss Honey said...

ohhh... hoping you do like the results after a review... love to read a good erotic piece. Will keep an eye out for a new post from you.

C.M. Bailey said...

MH,

I hope to have something for you to enjoy soon.